Saturday, April 28, 2012

Aloha!


     Today, we are having our first downline meeting with our Stampin' Up family.  I was almost unable to attend because my friend Jamie is visiting from Hawaii and I had plans to spend the day with her.  Fortunately, we were able to move things around a bit and made it possible! Anyhow - that was the inspiration for my swap card! 
     This card is my version of the delicate Plumeria tropical flower, which used to grow right outside our apartment when we lived on Oahu. This flower holds such great memories for me, as it always reminds me of the great friends I made back on the island. As the tradition, a lei was given to celebrate any special occasion; So with that, we were receiving and passing out leis for birthdays, congratulations, welcoming, good-byes, sometimes just because it was Friday! There was always someone wearing a lei during any given day of the week. Such a great tradition - wish it were the same on the mainland.
   I made this flower using the large oval punch and Daffodil Delight ink (onWhisper White paper). The leaves are Wild Wasabi paper.  If you look at the close-up, I also used the "direct to paper" technique to bring out the lines of the leaves. I finised it off with the effect of dew drops using Dazzling Details.

1 comment: